EVERYTHING FOR AND BY THE PEOPLE
« For the Honour of France, for the sacred interests of Humanity »
(Napoleon the Great, 17th of Ventôse Year VIII – Saturday 8th of March 1800)
Decision, 2nd of June 2016.
Following the deaths caused by the recent floods, the Bonapartist Movement transmits our condoleances to the families of the victims, and pays hommage to the efforts of our armies, law enforcement and emergency services.
The BM reaffirms, as a national, European, Francophone, Latin and Global movement, our support for military, police, rescue and emergency personnel, and to their families, and to all victims of war, terrorism or of disasters.
- Given our decision of the 17th of February 2015, on the occasion of the 215th anniversary of the law of the 28th of Pluviôse, Year VIII of the French Republic ;
- Given our duties to persons at risk of becoming victims of flooding or of other forms of disaster ;
- Given the example of our four emperors, and particularly, on the occasion of the 160th anniversary of the floods of 1856, that of His Imperial Majesty, Napoleon III, By the Grace of God and the National Will, Emperor of the French ;
WE HAVE DECIDED AND DECIDE THE FOLLOWING :
We invite all of the inhabitants of the municipalities in the proximity of the Seine to acquaint themselves with the means placed at the disposition of the public by the Institut d’aménagement et d’urbanisme d’Île-de France, with the aim of forewarning the inhabitants of areas susceptible to flooding.
Given the flooding occuring in other départements and in other countries where our movement is present, we will also relay the other means of prevention or of aid, in the départements of the Île-de-France region, and also in other zones susceptible to being hit by rising water levels, in France and elsewhere, as and when our départemental sections transmit them to the national secretaries for the Interior, or to their sector coordinator.
We invite all Bonapartists and those sympathetic to our cause :
- To relay the present decision ;
- To contact their family and friends, in order to take the necessary measures to prevent harms occurring as a result of flooding due to heavy rain.
We ask equally, by the present, of all those residing in the départements* concerned :
- Of local authorities, to provide buildings away from the floods, in order to be able to shelter the stricken families ;
- Of humanitarian and social societies to make contact with the prefect of their département, in order to prepare an adequate response to the arising needs ;
- Of individuals : 1° to make contact with the humanitarian and social societies of their département ; 2° to hold themselves in readiness to take aid to the victims in the limits forseen by the instructions of the emergency services, in order not to put themselves, nor others, in danger, nor to impede the emergency services in their mission.
Our national secretaries of the Interior, section chiefs and their municipal deputies are charged, each in what concerns them, with the execution of the present decision.
President of the Bonapartist Movement
*Translator’s Note : administrative area or its equivalent (county, wilaya, etc) in other countries.